Introduction:At Charleston R-I School District, we are excited to have a School Case Worker. A school case worker works with families to address issues that affect a student's emotional well-being and academic performance.
Some of the ways our Case Worker is able to help families include:
- Assisting parents to access programs available to students with special needs,
- Assisting parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resources,
- Working with problems in a child's living situation that affect the child’s adjustment in school,
- Mobilizing family, school, and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible in his or her educational program,
- Developing alternative programs for drop-outs, truants, delinquents, etc.,
- Identifying and reporting child abuse and neglect,
- Providing case management for students and families requiring multiple resources.