Technology / Hotspots
The Charleston R-I School District is offering a personal WiFi Hotspot for use by students/families to ensure the availability of Internet access at home. T-Mobile provides Internet service through an ECF grant at no cost to your family.
The program is intended to help Charleston R-I students access online resources at home through their Chromebooks to ensure educational equity. The borrowing limit is one device per household. A fee of $100 may be charged to the student’s school account if the device is lost, damaged, or not returned. The Charleston R-I School District reserves the right to determine, limit, and/or cancel participation in this program at any time for any reason.
This device is intended for the use of the individual student or family to whom it has been issued. All devices are the property of the Charleston R-I School District.
- Every family of a currently enrolled Charleston R-I PreK-12th grade student is eligible.
- The primary parent listed for each “family” in the district will be able to check out the hotspot.
Hotspots may be picked up at Charleston R-I Central Office, 311 E. Tom Brown Street, during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm), starting Friday, February 10, 2023.
Consequences for Inappropriate Use
Access to the Internet at school is an integral part of the Charleston R-I School District instructional program. Access to the Internet away from the District, through this means, is an added educational benefit. Failure to use the WiFi hotspot device in an appropriate manner, violating Charleston R-I School District policies or tampering with the device may result in disciplinary action and possible loss of the opportunity to use the WiFi hotspot. If lost, the family will be charged a replacement cost of $100.
Student, Parent, and Staff Responsibilities
- Use the device in a responsible manner and follow all policies, acceptable use agreements, and guidelines.
- Regularly monitor usage and student browsing activity. The Charleston R-I School District provides Internet content filtering away from the District through the Chromebook, but parents should monitor Internet usage at home.
- Take proper care of the device – keep away from food, liquids, dirt, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Mobile Hotspot?
- How much does it cost?
- What happens if I do not return the item by the due date or bring it in on the check-in date?
- How can I find out if I will have an adequate T-Mobile cellular signal in my home?
- Who should I contact for technical support?
- Amy Brown, Director of Special Programs Charleston R-I Central Office 573-683-3776 [email protected]