The Charleston R-I Professional Development Committee is tasked with establishing and maintaining a two-year mentoring program, overseeing the 1% of state funding allocation, and assessing/advocating for faculty professional development needs.
The district Professional Development Committee is made up of six elected members (two from each building) and two non-voting Central Office members.
2022-2023 Professional Development Committee:
Please see the following members with questions you may have about how to find or request to attend a professional development opportunity:
- Kelsie Lee, CHS
- Courtney Taylor, CHS
- Kim Lincoln, 7/8th
- Sarah Corse, WEH
- Ashley Blessing, CUE
- Anne Willis, WEH & CUE - Chairperson
- Amy Brown, Administrative Liaison (non-voting member)
- Jeremy Siebert, Superintendent (non-voting member)
Finding Professional Development Opportunities:
My Learning Plan - http://www.mylearningplan.com
Professional Development Goals and Guidelines
2022-2023 Professional Development Goals:
- Professional development focused on math concepts especially in the areas of foundational skills and number sense.
- Professional development focused on ELA concepts especially in the areas of foundational skills and reading/writing across the curriculum.
- Professional development focused on PBIS and Trauma Informed Care in order to improve school and classroom behavior.
- Professional Development focused on instructional technology and STEM/STEAM education in order to create 21st century learners.
- Professional Development focused on Career and Technical Education in order to ensure that all students have an awareness of self and career path.
Guidelines for PD Requests:
- Submitted via Google Form
- Must meet one of the PD goals listed above
- PD request is submitted at least 14 days prior to the PD opportunity
Requesting to Attend a Professional Development Opportunity:
Complete Request to Attend Form and share with your building principal.
- The building principal will approve or deny your request. If approved, they will send it to Anne Willis, PDC Chair.
- The principal will schedule a day for you to present to faculty, if applicable.
- At this time, you will need to register for your workshop and forward the confirmation email to Tracy Johnson.
- You will need to request a sub for the day you will be gone.
- At this time, you may also inquire if the school van is available for use on the day of the conference.
Attending the Workshop and After:
- Attend workshop.
- After attending the workshop, you will need to submit the following forms:
- Mileage/Meal Reimbursement AND Workshop Evaluation Form. Complete and give to your building principal. They will submit it to Anne Willis for approval.
- If the workshop was on a weekend or in the summer, submit this form as well.