The Charleston R-I Professional Development Committee is tasked with establishing and maintaining a two-year mentoring program, overseeing the 1% of state funding allocation, and assessing/advocating for faculty professional development needs.
The district Professional Development Committee is made up of six elected members (two from each building) and two non-voting Central Office members.
2019-2020 Professional Development Committee:
Please see the following members with questions you may have about how to find or request to attend a professional development opportunity:
- Kelsie Lee CHS
- Chris Casey CHS
- Kristin Porter CMS
- Jennifer Dement CMS
- Margaret Shands WEH
- Anne Willis WEH
- Amy Brown, Chairperson (non-voting member)
- Dr. Tammy Lupardus, Superintendent (non-voting member)
Professional Development Goals and Guidelines
2019-2020 Professional Development Goals:
- Professional development focused on math concepts especially in the areas of foundational skills and number sense.
- Professional development focused on ELA concepts especially in the areas of foundational skills and reading/writing across the curriculum.
- Professional development focused on PBIS and Trauma Informed Care in order to improve school and classroom behavior.
- Professional Development focused on instructional technology and STEM/STEAM education in order to create 21st century learners.
- Professional Development focused on Career and Technical Education in order to ensure that all students have an awareness of self and career path.
Guidelines for PD Requests:
- Submitted via Google Form
- Must meet one of the PD goals listed above
- PD request is submitted at least 14 days prior to the PD opportunity
Complete Request to Attend Form and share with your building principal.
- The building principal will approve or deny your request. If approved, they will send it to Amy Brown, PDC Chair.
- The principal will schedule a day for you to present to faculty, if applicable.
- At this time, you will need to register for your workshop and forward the confirmation email to Carol Maddox.
- You will need to request a sub for the day you will be gone.
- At this time, you may also inquire if the school van is available for use on the day of the conference.
Attending the Workshop and After:
- Attend workshop.
- After attending the workshop, you will need to submit the following forms:
- Mileage/Meal Reimbursement AND Workshop Evaluation Form. Complete and give to your building principal. They will submit it to Amy Brown for approval.
- If the workshop was on a weekend or in the summer, submit this form as well.
2019-2020 PDC Newsletters:
- June/July- https://www.smore.com/1ec7m
- August- https://www.smore.com/7xvra